Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's all in my head

Literally. I'm a hypochondriac. I always have been. However, after taking all of the science/anatomy classes I have taken recently I've become an even bigger hypochondriac. This time though, I'm really trying not to worry. 

Here's what has happened in the last few weeks..

About four weeks ago I started getting a headache. It was a pretty consistent headache, one that I could deal with but I could definitely tell it was there. 

About a week and a half ago, my little headache turned into a migraine. I've had them before, so I just popped ibuprofen like it was candy, and suffered through the pain. It didn't go away though. It got really bad last Tuesday. My vision was blurry, I was sick to my stomach, my eye was twitching and it was the worst migraine I had ever had. So I talked with my mom and we decided that I should go to urgent care. From there they decided that I needed to go to the Emergency Room because they didn't have the proper equipment for me.

We went to the Emergency Room, I got my blood taken and it was tested, I got a CT scan, and the doctor spent quite a bit of time shining a bright light into my eyes, which made the migraine even worse. After all of that, the doctor had no news for me. I was given a prescription for percocet and sent on my way.

Apparently my body doesn't like percocet. I spend the next two days sicker than a dog, but my head felt better. I decided that the head pain was better than throwing up, so I stopped taking it. Then my arm and my neck/shoulder area started hurting really bad. Keeping me awake at night, and making me really uncomfortable during the day. My mom looked up all of my symptoms and started freaking out about meningitis. There has been an "epidemic outbreak" of meningitis in the town I live in, so it was a definite possibility. 

After a week of the horrible headache, I had lost all of my energy. I have no appetite. I haven't been drinking enough water. I've been sleeping, and waking up to take ibuprofen, then going back to bed. I've been missing classes (which if you know me, it's not like me AT ALL). My mom called today to see if I had made it to class (I didn't) and she decided she had enough of me not being myself, so I needed to see a doctor again. Trip two of the Emergency Room resulted in them telling me (after 4 hours of waiting around) that I needed to meet with a Neurologist because they have no idea what's going on with me. 

So it could (and probably will) take weeks before I can meet with a neurologist.. which means I'll have to live with this awful headache and sore body for even longer. I'm not going to lie, when the doctor said she didn't know what was wrong with me, I broke down a little. I just want it to be fixed and go away. 

So now, I'm playing the waiting game. Waiting to get into see a neurologist. Waiting to see what's wrong with me (of course my mind had already gone to the worst possibilities of what it could be). I'm just waiting and relying on the Lord. I know He's got me covered. But bad things do happen to good and faithful people. I'm just praying that whatever He has in store for me, I can handle it.  

2 comments:

  1. First of all, whatever He has in store for you, you CAN handle it. He promises that (with His help) you ALWAYS can. Second of all? I'm PRAYING!!! Yikes! That sounds like NO fun at all and honestly, pretty scary, too.

    Love you, and keep us updated!!!

    ps. On FB you'd have no idea anything was even wrong - you're good at masking! Oh, and are you trying to go to work even though you're in pain?!? Crazy girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right.. I can do all things through him.. That includes getting through this whole thing.

      I don't really post this stuff on Facebook because.. Well I don't want to be "one of those" who always complains. The people closest to me know about it and they're praying (Trevor even said he would pray for me.. I know, it's awesome!). I'm trying not to worry too much, cause it really does no good. But the fact that Trev is praying is already a blessing that came from this.

      As for work, trust me, I WISH I wouldn't have had to work last night, but I made it through and made it home safe this morning, so I'm happy. :)

      Thanks for your prayers.. I'll keep you updated for sure. Love you!!

      Delete