Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day Two

I made it through day one, and believe it or not, I'm alive and well! Other than the fact that I keep waking up at 6:00 am. I'll get back to my normal sleep schedule soon enough.

I met two of my three roommates yesterday. They seem pretty cool so far. There's Gemma, the cheerleader from Florida. I mean.. like for real cheerleader. She cheered for USF last year, and I guess has been cheering her whole life, until this year because she was in a bad car accident in March. She's doing physical therapy and hoping to cheer again soon. If you know me at all, you know that I really don't get along with the "cheerleading" type, but I really like Gemma. She was the one who actually got me to eat something, after not eating for almost 48 hours.

Then there's Katrina, who is my actual roommate (we sleep in the same room, opposed to the same dorm). I seriously don't think I could have handpicked a better roommate. She is from Maui, so she's super nice. She gets good grades and cares about school, which means she won't be partying or making lots of noise at night when I need to study. She also was praying that she didn't get a roommate who parties, and she has a long distance boyfriend. He lives in Alabama. So, we're pretty similar. I think this will be a good set up.

I haven't met Nicki yet, but from what Gemma said, she sounds pretty nice. I'll let you know ;)

The best part of yesterday was getting to talk to Nic. I'm having serious Nic withdrawals so that definitely helped with my home sickness. I think I miss him the most. Don't get me wrong, I miss my family and friends.. but I miss my quality time with Nic the most. I really had so much fun with him the last two weeks, and now he's just gone. Back to Michigan. We're planning a visit in December though. So at least we have something to look forward to. That means visiting each other every 4 months.. not as often as I'd like, but it's better than not seeing him. My mom even gave me "permission" to miss Christmas at home if I wanted to spend it with him. That right there blew my mind. But anyways, that's in the works. I'll keep you posted.

The moral of the story is... well I'm not sure. I just know that I'm feeling a lot better today, and I'm ready to start classes tomorrow. :)

I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. GOOD! I'm so glad you met your roommates (duh, obviously you're going to MEET them) but I mean, I'm glad you met them and LIKE them. :) Sounds like it will work out just great, and super nice that you have so much in common with your actual room-mate.

    I look forward to (REGULAR!) updates on here! ;)

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete