Monday, August 20, 2012

Day Three

I've hit a lot of speed bumps since I've been here. Last night, I was finally feeling hungry and ready to eat but I couldn't because I didn't have my student ID yet, and apparently you can't pay cash for food in residence dining halls.

Then today, I went to the campus center to get my ID card where I found out that if you're not registered for your classes yet, you can't get an ID card. I wasn't registered yet because they needed my health clearance forms. So I had to find my way to the Health Services Department (which was clear on the other side of campus) turn in the forms, wait for them to clear me so the holds would be off of my account. While I was looking to see if the hold was off my account, I see that I have a hold that was placed today. I found out the hold was because they didn't get my final transcript from COCC. So I called COCC to have that sent over because UH said they would give me a week to get it, and remove the hold so I could register for classes this week, and not miss a whole week of class. When I called COCC, they said I had a hold on my account there which meant I couldn't have my transcript sent. The hold was a fee that I had forgot to pay, so I paid that, and now I'm waiting for the hold to be lifted so I can order my transcript.

After all of that chaos, I'm finally back in my dorm, and I'm registered for my classes! I'm so excited to start school.. ya know, what I actually came here for? Yeah. That. I start tomorrow :) Here are my classes...

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:

10:30-11:20: Intro To Social Problems
2:30-3:20: Spanish

Tuesday and Thursday:

10:30-11:45: Intro to the World's Major Religions
12:00-1:15: General Chemistry
1:30-2:45: Pre Calculus

My chemistry and pre calc classes are in the same building in the same room! I didn't notice when I registered, but I was looking to see how far I'd have to go in 15 minutes, and it turns out, I don't have to even move! How awesome is that? I'm really optimistic even though today was kind of rough.

I didn't get to talk to Nic at all yesterday, and today I found out it was because his phone was stepped on yesterday when he was playing basketball, so he has no phone as of right now. Awesome for a long distance relationship.. but not really. We got to talk for a couple of hours this morning on facebook, so that was good. I miss him terribly! He's supposed to call me sometime this week.. I can't wait. He kinda talked me out of my grumpy mood when everything was going wrong today. I even said to him that I'm not sure if this is where I'm supposed to be, because all I'm getting is stop signs every where I turn. But now.. after praying, and talking to him and calming down, I feel like I'm right where I'm supposed to be.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep up my positive spirit. I'm praying for a STRESS FREE day tomorrow. That would be fantastic. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment