Thursday, July 22, 2010

Have a Little Faith in Me

Sometimes, not very often, but too often if you ask me
I have thoughts about M.
I can't bring myself to delete the e-mails..
They brought so many laughs and so much happiness.
I need to do it though..
Maybe I wouldn't think of him so much anymore
if they weren't staring me in the face every time I checked my e-mail.

It always makes me think of regrets I have.
Until then, I had maybe one or two regrets..
Now I have so many, I can't even count them.
Sure, I've learned a big lesson, and sure I will survive,
But I can't help but wonder what could have been..
I'll probably never stop wondering.
I miss the laughter.. I miss the friendship..
I miss M.

A little part of me wishes he found me and is reading this.
But a bigger part of me wants to forget he existed..
Forget that he broke my heart..
Forget that he was so easily able to forget me.
He was like a whirlwind..
He came into my life and had me so wrapped up in him..
And just as quick as he came into my life, he was gone.
And I'm here still picking up the pieces.
You can tell me to get over it..
That I'm crazy for still caring..
But if I could make myself stop caring,
I would have done that months ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment