Friday, August 27, 2010

A New Respect

I have been a nanny now for almost a full year and it's been, well, let's just say it's been a handful. Don't get me wrong, I love S&T, but they are very, very, very active boys. They need/want attention all the time. It's been a blast taking care of them.. the quirky things they say, the random things they do. It's been very fun..

But over night? For a whole weekend? I haven't made it through night one, and I'm already exhausted! I've had them since 11 this morning, and we're just now reaching 8:30, and I think it's just about MY bed time. I have a new found respect for moms that are with their kids full time. Sister, if you're reading this, I salute you. *Bows down* I'm not worthy! I kid, I kid. But seriously, how do you do it? I like to think that by the time I'm a parent, I'll be a pro. Nannying for more than a year and a half total, and babysitting here and there, being an aunt since the age of 12.. I darn well better be a pro by the time I have my own kids.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud when I read this. Thank you for that. :)

    I always think that there's a reason God gives us babies and not "kids" - and it's because we have to grow to love them when they are sweet, innocent and can't move around! Then when they get bigger, rowdier and mouthier we are already to the point that we would die for them (well - as a parent it's pretty instantanious when your baby is placed in your arms) and you kinda have to keep em'... :) It's definitely work though. Hard work. And the monetary pay sucks - but it's so worth every minute. :) You're getting great practice and when it is your time - you WILL be a pro! Love you.

    ReplyDelete