Sunday, July 17, 2011

Eight-Legged-Freaks

I hate spiders. Surprising, right? I'm the only girl in the history of the world who is terrified of spiders... If you haven't caught on to the sarcasm yet, then I give up.

There are three stages of my fear, and they usually depend on how close the spider is to me. Oddly enough, the closer the spider is to me, the more my fear intensifies.

Stage one: "Oh, there is a spider on the wall/ceiling/floor across the room.. Scary but I'll just keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't sneak up on me." Or I find the nearest shoe.. And well.. We all know what happens.

Stage two: "That spider is way too freaking close but I'm too afraid to do anything for fear of it jumping on me." This actually recently happened to me... In my car... While I was driving. I was leaning as far as possible to my right to get away from it. Then it disappeared and I freaked out when my lanyard touched my leg. Needless to say, this stage gets the heart racing.

Stage three: "It's on me!!! OMG IM GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Which is obviously followed by dancing around like a crazy person, hitting myself and screaming like a little girl. It has happened before... And it has also happened when I mistook a fuzzy on my shoulder for a spider. I just never told anybody that there was no spider.

The only other bug that freaks me out MORE than spiders are moths. Don't even get me started on moths. That's an entirely different post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment