Sunday, April 4, 2010

Doormat, no more.

I am a fairly patient person. I love people, and I love being around people. I'm what some call a "people pleaser." Recently, I've kind of been reading a book, off and on, about codependency. It's about being dependent on other people, and not dependent on God, and yourself. A lot of things I have read in this book were like slaps in the face. I thought to myself.. wow, was this book written for me or what? I've been trying to apply what I've read from the book to my life, but surprise surprise, I've been failing miserably. I decided today, that I'm taking a stand for me. I'm not going to let people push me around and walk on me anymore. I've seen too many people in my life act as doormats, and I refuse to do the same.

I have people in my life that I absolutely love and would do anything for them, I've been there for them through thick and thin, and it doesn't work the other way around. My feelings have been stomped on, and I've swallowed my pride, and didn't say a word. I don't like confrontation, I don't like drama, so if it's not necessary, then I don't bring it up. But it's necessary to say this; No more. I'm not going to become a complete jerk or anything, but I won't let you be one to me. Remember that one part in the bible where it says "Do unto others..." Yeah.. If you're going to treat me like dirt, then I'll turn the other cheek, and I'll move on, because I deserve better than that. I most definitely deserve better than that.

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but it takes just as much to stand up to our friends."

Take care, God bless.

1 comment:

  1. B - I want to say thanks for writing this. I can totally relate to what you said about how you help and help, but don't get the same in return. I know that we don't know each other that well yet, but I hope that if you need help with anything or just someone to hang with or listen, I will be there.

    God Bless my friend.
    ~Becki

    ReplyDelete