Monday, April 12, 2010

A Thin Line Between Love and Hate

As I sit here, enduring the constant coughing from this recent cold, I can't help but think about the things that I hate. As well as the things that I love. The people that I am the closest to probably know most of these things, but still, I thought it would be fun and different to share it with the blogging world. For every one thing that I hate, I'll come up with something that I equally love. This is in no particular order.

I hate coughing. I absolutely hate coughing. Especially when it's that deep cough that makes you sound like a barking seal. It is, however, a great ab work out. Maybe I should be sick more often?

I love baseball. Baseball means that summer is coming. And summer is one of the things that I love most. There's nothing better to me than coming home on a Sunday afternoon after a morning of church and falling asleep watching a baseball game, and waking up to watch the final two innings. It makes my heart happy.

I hate when the weather deceives you. Many times already this year I've looked outside and it's been sunny. I get super excited and decide to put on capris or shorts or whatever, only to go outside and see that it's really only 32 degrees. Seriously? Deceiving much? I'm ready for shorts and flipflops already. Isn't it spring? My goodness. Maybe I should use the brain that I have in my head and go outside to check to see how warm it is, but where's the fun in that?

I love hoodies. They might not be the biggest fashion statement ever (okay, I know for a fact they're not) but they are so comfy, and they're like a security blanket for me. I'm vowing to myself not to wear them anymore unless I REALLY am cold. No wearing them because it's what I'm comfy in, but wearing them to serve their purpose. I'm on a goal to become more.. feminine I guess you could say.

I HATE giving up on something that I KNOW I can do. Such as my awesome workouts I was doing in January. I went to the gym 26/30 days that month. That's a lot. And since then, I don't think I've been 26 times. I'm slacking, I know it. I need to just stop doubting myself and get back into it. I hate giving up. So I'm not going to quit anymore. I'm going back, and there will be no looking back from there.

I love the way I feel after I've had a kick *ss workout. I'm not talking about burning 400 calories on the elliptical.. I'm talkin' burning 1800 calories and THEN lifting weights. My body feels incredible, and I absolutely love that feeling. Hence the reason I need to QUIT quitting :)

I hate missing my friends. While I have a bunch of friends here that I wouldn't trade for anything, I miss all of my friends from everywhere else. I'm tired of missing them. If I had more money, I'd be able to see them, but it's just not in the plans right now. But I'm tired of missing them!!!

I love all of my new friends in P-ville. I've never had this many close friends in one town, but I absolutely love it, and I love each and every one of them. You know who you are :)

I hate having super sonic senses. I'm not exaggerating either. I can hear EVERY little thing (unless you're talking to me and mumbling, I haven't been able to decipher that yet). I have perfect eyes and can see everything, and I have a really sensitive nose. Now these are all usually good things to have, but it just leads to things annoying me even more. Things that NOBODY else can hear, annoy the crap out of me. I'm thankful that I can see, hear and smell.. but seriously.. let's just tone it down a little ;)

I love love songs. Now, as of right now, I have nobody to sing them to, but there's nothing better than a well sang love song that I can sing along with. My favorite as of right now is The Only Exception by Paramore. It's pretty grand. Check it out here.

I also love blogging. I'm having a blast, and I hope you're having an okay time reading what I randomly come up with. I'll try to write more, since I have nothing more important to do with my time ;) Until next time.

Take care, and God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Nice list!! I also love baseball. Something about going to the ball field and grabbing a hot dog and sitting on the bleachers. FUN! OR watching the Braves on tv with my dad and catching a nice little nap! :)

    ReplyDelete