Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm sorry for the lack of posting in the past week (aside from my frantic "vote for me for Glee!" post). I promise I will do better. Since I was totally MIA for the weekend, I'll fill you in!

Friday: Bunco with my friend Kori. It's a once a month kind-of-thing and I was invited last month and took first place ($25) and I was invited this month and tied for 2nd. Hopefully they don't stop inviting me. After bunco, Kori and I drove to Bend for some impromptu bowling. Now, when I was younger I practically grew up in a bowling alley. Too bad I never learned how to do it. I'm horrible. I had 5 strikes and still only ended up bowling a 97. Lame. I won't even tell you how the second game went.
Saturday: Saturday morning bible study with the ladies, but only a couple showed up so we just talked. Saturday afternoon softball game (watching my best friend's daughter). She pitched, she hit, she intimidated the opposing team's outfield. Atta girl! Makes me proud. After a celebratory ice cream at DQ, we headed home for the poker night! Nine people showed up, including 7 guys and 2 girls (me being one of the girls, obviously), and buy in was $10. There are re-buys and add-on's at the break, but after, no re-buys or add-on's. Let me just say, I had a lucky night. I finished second, and for a while, I was even the big chip leader.
I left with $40 in my pocket. I couldn't have been happier.

Sunday: Started off with my favorite way to spend a Sunday. I went to church. Sang on the worship team, listened to a great sermon from my hermano, and got to see my church family, and some of my closest friends. After church I made cupcakes. I'm not very good at baking, I ruin the cookies where all you have to do is stick them on a cookie sheet. But I did pretty well. They were strawberry with vanilla frosting and sprinkes on top. They were pretty yummy if I say so myself.

Sunday night ended with friends coming over for tacos and Killer uno. Followed by Jenny, Emily and I making "Go EMILY" Signs for Emily's next softball game. Which turned out fantastic, by the way!

This weekend was a great one, and so far this week has been pretty uneventful. We'll see if we can change that up! Hope you're having a great week! Take care, and God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment