Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Glee

Let me start off by saying, I've been in choirs since 5th grade. Singing/harmonizing/the whole sha-bang is my thing. That being said, I absolutely LOVED Glee. I watched it for the first time tonight, and it was fantastic. There were some cheesy love stories in the mix, but that comes along with every show like that right? What other interesting new shows are out there that I don't know about? Fill me in people!

Today was kind of less than satisfactory. I'm really tired of being sick, and thus far I've only been getting worse! It has to get worse before it gets better though. At least that's what they say. *Side note* Who is it that we all refer to when we say "they"? I don't really think of anybody in particular when I say it. I'm just wondering if anybody has a specific group of people in their mind when they say that. Random, but that's why it's called a side note, kids. Oh yeah, I'm watching my friends little puppy. She's an eight week old miniature Australian Shepherd. Her name is Jimmy, and she is freakin' adorable. Now I want one. Thanks a lot "friend" *wink*

This is the little girl. She's stealing my heart.

Speaking of random, I think it's time for me to take a trip to the great state of California. I've lived in Oregon [almost] all of my life, and I still haven't been to California. It's really not all that far. I don't want to go to SoCal or anything, just maybe to Oakland to catch a baseball game, and maybe San Francisco to do some shopping or whatever. It sounds like a blast to me. I just need the funds. Minor details... ha.

Funny story. This past weekend, I went to a local beauty pageant. I went to the one that was held here last year, and pretty much laughed through the entire talent portion, so I figured if nothing else, I'd get a laugh again this year. Turns out, I did. While doing the question portion of the pageant, one of the contestants was asked what she was most proud about. She rambled on about how she was proud of her sense of humor, because she could cheer people up using her humor. She continued to emphasize on this by telling us that she is really good at telling retarded jokes to her friends. Now, maybe because I'm from a liberal town, I'm sensitive to this, but I looked at my friend and said.. "Can you say that????" Clearly she should have lost. Her talent wasn't that great, and, well using that word is just not politically correct, so she kind of failed on the question part. She ended up getting runner up. I was seriously disappointed in the judges, but I'm glad that she won't be representing our part of the state in the state competition. ((Go Heather!)) She was the butt of our (my friends and mine) jokes that night, and will probably continue to do so until next year, when someone else says something retarded.

This was a random kind of post tonight, but I'm in a random kind of mood, so you'll just have to deal with it. Take care, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment