Friday, September 10, 2010

Lukewarm And Loving It!

I just listened to Francis Chan's sermon called Lukewarm and Lovin' it! First of all, if you haven't heard of the guy, you're missing out. Second, if you have heard of him, and you haven't paid any attention to him, that needs to change. You'll need about 40 minutes, if not more, to listen to the sermon on the like I posted up there. I got more than a couple things from this sermon, and I'm going to share them.

1.) No matter how many times I complain about money, I am not poor. I'm not even close to being poor. 53 out of 100 people live off of $2 a day. That's $2 a day people. How many of us take 2 dollars for granted on a daily basis? Getting our coffee, or our fast food.. or whatever it is. Americans, on average, are not poor. So stop complaining.

2.) The richest, safest and most secure people are the hardest people to reach for Jesus on this planet. Just let that sink in.

3.) Money gives us a false sense of security. We put our trust and hope in money, and the more we do that, the less hope and trust go to Jesus. Who gave his life for us. Because of OUR sins, not His. And we choose money and objects over him? I'm guilty of this too. I'm just sharing this revelation.

4.) Revelation 3:14-22 speaks of a church that is lukewarm. God would rather us be on fire for him or cold. He doesn't want us lukewarm. He spits us out. It's like lukewarm coffee. It's gross, it disgusts us, and as soon as we get a taste of it, we don't like it. Just like God, when He gets a taste of us choosing worldly things over him, it disgusts him.

5.) If you get it, you won't be lukewarm. It's all about God. We need to need God. When we depend so much on the things of this world, we forget to DEPEND on God. To need Him with a fierce desire. We have to be willing to give EVERYTHING up for God. He gave everything to/for us.

6.) I need to be willing to get out of my comfort zone. I need to step out, and depend on God, and not on my own abilities. I NEED to NEED God. He's knocking on my door and He's waiting on me.

7.) God loves us, so he rebukes us and disciplines us so that we can repent and we can spend eternity with Him! He tells us if we can overcome this "lukewarm-ness" Jesus will let us sit right next to Him on the Throne of God. How cool would that be? Millions of angels singing Hallelujah.. God, so full of wonder, shining like rubies and diamonds, except better! It would be amazing. How is that not better than having a nice car or a full wallet?

8.) Loving God= not caring about things.

I thank God for Francis Chan and the message he brought to me tonight. It was the wake up call that I needed, and I'm ready to be fired up for Jesus. No more lukewarm here. I'm in love with Jesus, and I want the whole world to know it!

Jesus, I thank You for the opportunity to write in this blog. I thank You for the technology that You allowed to be here. I thank You for the country that You have allowed me to live in. I thank You for the blessing upon blessings that You continue to give me. I'm sorry that I don't thank You enough. I pray that these words will touch someone, and that they will no longer have a lukewarm love for You. God I pray that they be on fire for You. Because You were on fire for us when You died on the cross. I lift myself up to You, God. May these words that are from my heart be heard. Do what it takes for my heart to be set on fire for You, God. Thank You. I love you. Amen.

Take care, and God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment