Saturday, April 9, 2011

Choosing Joy

Sometimes it's easy to complain. Okay, it's always easy to complain. I've had a few chances lately where I really could have complained. It would have been the easier thing to do, actually! Instead, I had to dig deep inside my heart and choose joy. I choose to not let things bring me down on a daily basis. I choose to not let other peoples actions take my joy away. I choose to let my joy be in the Lord and not in worldly things. I'm rejoicing when I'm put through trying times or when I feel attacked because God will be there to strengthen me every time! A couple of verses have stood out to me recently, and I just want to share them here. Maybe they'll speak something into your life as well.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment