Monday, October 17, 2011

Don't Be Such A Girl

I've been recently getting annoyed with the male species. I mean, honestly, who doesn't every once in a while? I'm 21 years old and I'm single. Not that that's a bad thing, I'm just throwing it out there. I'm in no way, shape, or form ready to start dating anybody. I'm most likely (God willing) moving to Hawaii in less than a year, so it would be silly for me to even be thinking about jumping into a relationship. But I've recently had a revelation. And it is this:

Guys have slowly been becoming more feminine.

I know, that's a bold statement. And obviously that doesn't hold true for a lot of the male population, but lately I've been overwhelmed with what Arnold would call "girly men." To be quite honest, it's a little disappointing. I have been getting to know a couple of guys who I go to school with, and we've been texting back and forth and even talking on the phone, and seriously, these guys are so clingy! Getting texts like..

"I missed you!" after not texting for an hour.. Really? It's sweet but man, we're JUST friends!

Or

"hehe I just want to hug you." I really have no words.

I want me a man's man. A guy who can work hard and be the HEAD of our relationship. I want 100/100 in a relationship, but I also want my guy to be able to be the leader.

This cheesiness and girly-man business is driving me up the wall! I seriously thought it would be easy to find a guy with similar interests (I mean, I'm an AVID sports fan.. I hate shopping, and I have a perverted sense of humor!!) but I guess the age of video games and skinny jeans is among us. And I just don't fit in with that.

What a shame. I met a guy who was had the perfect amount of cheesiness with an equal amount of manliness, and I fell hard and fast.. so I know they're out there somewhere. Maybe I'll find one in Hawaii. Until then, I'll just have to keep telling my guy friends "don't be such a girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment