Monday, October 3, 2011

Tough Decisions

With all of the other times I have written about moving somewhere, I probably sound like the most indecisive person on the planet. While that might be sorta true, it's for a good reason. I want to make sure I make the right decision for myself. I don't want to end up doing something or going somewhere I will regret later. Or even that I will regret WHILE I'm there. So I do pros and cons all the time. I think about the difficulty of me being able to get home in case of an emergency or just to go home for the holidays. I think about the cost of living in each city I contemplate living in. I think about how much school itself is going to cost me. I think about the football programs (don't judge me, I'm being real here). I think about the weather and if I'll be able to handle it year round. I live in Oregon and with our winters, one would think I could handle almost anything.

With all of that being said, I have two schools that I'm seriously considering transferring to next year. I have a 4.0 that I have worked really hard for and I think I owe it to myself to allow myself to follow my dream and go to a university. I want that whole experience, and I thought I had cut that dream out completely by not giving a crap in high school. I care now, and I have the opportunity to do something awesome and move somewhere very different and very far from home. Not that going far from home is something I want. It's just an opportunity I'm grasping with both hands. So here are my top two schools:

1.) University of Hawaii
2.) University of South Florida

South Florida was my number one for almost a year, but today I called and spoke with someone in the admissions department at UH. I found out that they have a special program for Oregon students. They get a special tuition rate. It's like "resident and a half".. 12,000 per year rather than the 23,000 for non resident. So I could finish my degree at UH for less than I could go to school for one year at USF. AND it's the same as what I'm paying for community college! That alone put Hawaii on the top of my list.

So for now, I still have a lot of thinking and praying to do to figure out which choice is right for me. I'm definitely applying to both though!

No comments:

Post a Comment