Monday, May 17, 2010

Bring On The Rain

Tomorrow's another day and I am not afraid, so bring on the rain.

I've been feeling under attack lately. Not specifically by other people, but I just feel like my spirits have been under attack for quite a while. I haven't reached out to anyone, I've just been keeping to myself. Which is usually how I work. Then my friends get upset with me when they find out that I've been hurting, and haven't asked for help. It's just how I am, and they really couldn't help me anyway. I've been feeling under attack in a certain area of my life. Something I've been struggling with for as long as I can remember. Insecurities/self-worth/self-confidence. Things I'm sure that every single woman alive has dealt with. Things that I'm sure a lot of women will always struggle with. I refuse to let it beat me.

I am
*
A woman that God created for a reason. I have a purpose on this earth, and I won't rest until my purpose has been served.
*
A strong woman. I have been through so much in my life, and because of that, I can relate to people like me. I can help them. Everything happens for a reason.
*
Loved. Simple as that. There are a lot of people that love me for who I am. And though I forget it sometimes, I always remember.
*
A daughter. A sister. An aunt. A friend.
*
Important
*
Funny
*Immature, but mostly mature.
*
Young, but wise beyond my years
*
A virgin. And proud of it.

I can
*
Do all things through Him who gives me strength. (Phil 4:13) I believe that with every fiber of my being.
*
Love people
*
Believe in myself, even when it seems like nobody else does
*
Find love. The right kind of love. The kind of love that God has planned for me. The kind that I deserve.
*
Be ME. I don't have to feel pressured to be like everybody else my age. I am unique, and I can say that, and it's the honest truth.

I won't
*
Look down on myself anymore. I am proud of who I am and what I can do.
*
Settle for less than I deserve. In school, in relationships, in how I'm treated. I WILL NOT settle.
*
Be ashamed to be the "Good little church girl" If you don't like it, then I'm sorry. But that's who I am.
*
Change what I appreciate in life. (Watching ball games, a good love song, a good book, good friends, being surrounded by people I love, a good swim in the dirty lake)
*
Back down. I'm a fighter. I'll fight for what I want out of life. And Jesus has my back. So I think I'm good.
*
Be insecure with the way I look. I'm beautiful. End of story.

We are all created in God's image. Whether YOU believe in Him or not, He believes in you, and He thinks you're important. Let's not forget that. Take care, and God bless.




No comments:

Post a Comment