Friday, May 7, 2010

Weddings

I am heading to a wedding in my hometown this weekend. The wedding isn't until tomorrow evening, but I'm heading over early to see old friends and all that jazz. The couple that is getting married, I have known since the 4th grade. I knew B* through softball, and T* because he was my neighbor and my best friend (we grew apart when he went into high school). The funny thing is, they met at my 13th birthday party. B was the only one of my friends not drooling over T. It's kinda funny looking back, because now they're getting married. It doesn't pay to drool over guys, girls. Play hard to get ;)

Even though I'm particularly excited for their union, and I'm completely happy for them, I can't help but think of the big ugly white elephant in the "room". My single status. It's staring me down as if I just kicked it's puppy or something. I'm not by any means upset about still being single. Everything will happen in God's time, but I still can't help but wonder when it'll be my turn to wear the beautiful white dress, and walk down the isle to someone who can't take his eyes off of me. I'm fine with being patient if it means I really truly find the person that God has for me. God knows my heart, and my deepest desires, so if and when it's meant to happen, it will. I have faith in that.

So congratulations, T&B. I know you'll be great together, and I'm so very happy for you both! I'll be MIA, possibly for the rest of the weekend (I might sneak away for a few minutes to blog about the weekend). I hope you have a lovely Friday, and an even better weekend! Take care, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment