Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dad

I hate it that everybody thinks that my stepdad is my dad. Not that I don't love Scotty, because I really do, he's been wonderful to my family. But I hate that NOBODY who has come into my life within the last six years knows my real dad. I mean really, I've seen him once since I was sixteen. And though we haven't had the best relationship, he's my dad. It kills me.. It really does. He moved back to Oregon at the end of January (granted he's still a good 6 hours from here) so hopefully I'll be able to see him once or twice before moving to Hawaii. My mom is wanting to throw a going away party for me before I leave for Hawaii.. So I'm hoping he'll be able to set aside his differences with my mom and show up for me. At the very least I would like my best friend and her family meet my dad. It's kinda crazy thinking that they haven't yet.

In other words, my heart breaks a little every time someone calls Scotty my dad. Even though that's exactly what he's been to me since I was sixteen years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment