Monday, December 27, 2010

Broken Strings

It tears me up, I try to hold on but it hurts too much
I tried to forgive but it's not enough to make it all okay
You can't play our broken strings
You can't feel anything
that your heart don't want to feel
I can't tell you something that ain't real
Oh the truth hurts and lies worse
How can I give anymore
When I love you a little less than before


I apologize for my posting being so random. I've been on the internet sporadically and it usually isn't long enough to post anything. My Christmas Eve was awesome. I got my first pedicure (as I mentioned on my last post that I was going to) and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Once I got past the fact that someones hands were on my feet, between my toes and all that jazz, and the fact that the guy who did my pedicure was a guy that I went to high school with, it really wasn't all that bad. There were moments where I was even in a pure state of pleasure. It felt amazing, and I loved it, and my toes look fantastic. Thanks, Grandma. After a long trip to Safeway to get the last items for Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner, I rested for a while and warmed up my voice. I'm pretty sure everybody in the house was sick of hearing "A Baby Changes Everything" but it definitely paid off when I did it at the candlelight service. After the first verse my nerves vanished, and I only messed up on one part.. which was because I was about to cry. It was good though. Everybody loved it.

My four year old niece (brother's daughter) came up on Christmas Eve and they got to the church just in time to hear me sing. She is so stinkin' cute. She is related to me, after all ;). She woke me up Christmas morning saying "Auntie, it's time to wake up! It's Christmas!" After we opened presents and ate breakfast, I was getting ready (putting make up on) and she was watching me, so I put a little blush on her and a little eye shadow too, and she just loved it. She went up to my mom and said "Your little sweetheart shared her makeup with me, isn't she the best?" It was suuuuuper cute! She's the most polite little girl. Then we were watching a movie and we were snuggling on the couch, and she told me that "You should get a baby in your tummy because you would be a great mama." I didn't really know what to say to that, but I just thought it was worth sharing.

Anyways, I've been having a good time with my family. I'm glad that I stayed here for the extra week, even though I'm already extremely homesick and I miss my kitty. It's been a good visit. I've been able to hang out with my uncle that lives in New Mexico that I've only seen a handful of times. My grandma is doing a little better, she has her moments, but she's doing good. She told me today that she's glad I stayed, so that right there makes it worth being away from home. I watched Jackass 3D with my brother Christmas night, and it was freaking hilarious. It was my first time watching a 3D movie, and let me tell you, it messed with my eyes. I'm not sure if I like it. I'm weird and prefer the the 2D movies. I could see a reflection of my cheeks in the glasses and it just made everything weird. But the movie was awesome. Nasty in parts, but really funny. It was good bonding time with my brother, which is always good. I'm getting good one on one time with all of my family, which honestly, was much needed. I love my family, and this just helps me to appreciate them even more.

Two weeks until the Ducks play for the National Championship! Ahh! It doesn't even feel like they're really going. It probably won't set in until after we've won :-P. I'm ready for 2011 to come. 2010 has been a good year, but I'm ready for a new start. My ducks play for the championship, I turn 21 and (hopefully) I'm going to Vegas in November. So watch out 2011, here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment