Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Week



Day Twenty-six: My Week (In Great Detail)

Monday: Man, that was a long time ago. I was supposed to bake cookies for some troops over in Iraq with Kelly, but she ended up having a sick kiddo at home, so we had to postpone. I had a lazy day. Stayed in my pj's all day, watched endless netflix and studied (a little). I watched The sing off because not only do I love acapella music, University of Oregon's On The Rocks is on it! I've been cheering for them every episode! :) Their version of Bad Romance is amazing. Youtube it!

Tuesday:
This was my busy day. It started out with a math final at 10:15, which ended around 11:00. I got a 97% on it, so that put my final grade for the class at a 98%. My first A of the term. After that I went to the library and went on blackboard to work on my second final, my Developmental Psychology for Nurses class. I got a 93% on it, which I was wayyy happy with, seeing as how I got an 86% on the midterm with open book, open note. I finished my psych class with a 95%. My second A of the term. Then at 3:15 I had my last final (if you want to call it that) of the day, my writing 121 final. I got 100% on it.. I should have, because all you had to do was show up to get the 15 points. I was more worried about the paper we got back that day. I had a 93% going into that class, and the paper was worth 150 points. Surely anything less than an A would have given me a B and that was just not okay with me. We got our papers back at the end of class (she's evil and makes us wait) and I got a 147/150! :) I did a happy dance right there in the class. It was epic. So I finished the term with a 4.0! Woot! After class I was supposed to go to a bible study, but my brain was tired so I went to hang out with my bff's Mike and Kelly. They decided that we needed to celebrate, so we got blizzards. It was a great day.


Wednesday:
This was the day that we rescheduled to bake cookies. We had a couple friends come over (Aime and Audria) and we made rice crispies, chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, haystacks, and peanut butter cookies. We also sent hot chocolate so that the soldiers could have a taste of the holidays while they're so far from home. It makes me happy to do things for other people who are going without to fight for our country. Especially with so many people that I know and love that are in the service. It was a fun day, and that's pretty much all we did! (Other than watching The Sing Off again. On The Rocks made it another week! Woot!


Thursday: This was the day that I decided to unpack my room. Since I've come to the conclusion that I'm not moving any time soon (and I'm okay with it, and so are Mike and Kelly ;)) I decided that it was time to unpack my room. Funny story about that. My mom told me as soon as I unpacked, I would find another place to live. More on that on Friday! I spent the day cleaning and unpacking, and then I babysat two of my favorite boys! The boys that I used to nanny for. We spent an evening working on homework, eating yummy Christmas treats and playing hide-n-go-seek. It was a lot of fun, and I really really really miss those boys. I didn't get home until after midnight, and I went straight to sleep!


Friday: I was woken up by a text message from K
elly at 7:30 am saying "Could you please come and take my kids to school? I'm feeling really light headed and I shouldn't drive." My response? "Right now?" "Yeah, right now. Please?" So I did. Call me the best friend in the world (I would), but I'm just that kind of person. Now I can't tell you how many times I said in the car with her three kiddos "I've only been awake for 10 minutes, you are not allowed to talk that loud," but I did my best and I got them to school on time. The rest of the day was spent still cleaning and unpacking and it was topped off by going to the Holiday Showcase with Kelly and her kids. The first 10 acts were average, but then Mike sang and it gave me as well as everybody else I'm sure, goosebumps. It was awesome. After he sang, we left and went and just hung out at their house for a while. It was good times, a typical night with my closest friends. When I got home from this, I checked Craigslist (hadn't done that in months) to see if anything was available. I found this great situation, and it would have worked perfect for me. I would have gotten to move to Bend and it wouldn't be expensive at all! So I e-mailed her and she said it would be perfect, so we set up to meet Sunday at 3.

Saturday:
Saturday started the way it usually does; with a small group (aka bible study) that I lead. There were only three of us that morning (instead of the usual 7) because of some business going on. But we had some good girl time, and some good time in the Word. After that I had vocal rehearsal with Kelly and a couple that have been traveling around, writing their own music for years. It was an honor to sing with them. I was told by them that I was a joy to sing with, and that if I ever wanted to, I could join them. Uh.. wow. After that Kelly and I waited around her house with the kids waiting for Mike to get home so we could go shopping. It didn't happen, so we ended up having my family over for dinner and played dominoes (sp?) for 4 hours. I wasn't really on the dominoes band wagon (I was really quite resistant, I'm more of a card person) but it was really fun. I got home and checked my e-mail again, and I got a e-mail from the lady in Bend telling me that she no longer needed someone, so we didn't need to meet. A message from God or what? For some reason He's wanting me to stay put. So I am, and I will.


Sunday: Today started out with worship team rehearsal that, let's be honest, didn't run as smoothly as I like. But we had a new leader today and she was sick, so it happens. It sounded great and people worshipped, so that's all that matters, really. After church, I went home and took a nap while watching football, it's my Sunday routine and I wouldn't change it for the world! After my nap I hung out with my mom for a while and went and rented "Going The Distance." I haven't watched it yet, but that's next after I finish up this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment