Monday, March 14, 2011

I Just Have to Say it..

I have the best friends in the world

I really do. My best friends are Mike and Kelly. Mike is more like a brother (he picks on me, hits me, texts me about sports, and he brags about me) and Kelly is my best friend (my "person", my twin.. we do/say/think almost the same things ALL the time.. and she'll always defend me, no matter what). I just spent the whole day with my best friend and it made me realize how lucky I am to have a friend like her. We did a Beth Moore bible study this morning, then just hung out for the rest of the day. We listened to music, we ran some errands, I helped her 12 year old daughter bake cookies while she helped her two boys work on a project for school, we made Tacos for dinner, watched the news about Japan and cried together, and in the same breath laughed at one of the people they interviewed because of the delay with the booth and the interviewee.. we finished a puzzle together in 2 hours. We did absolutely nothing that was of real importance, but those are the memories that I wouldn't trade for the world. I don't know anybody that has friends like my friends. They're people that I can fully be myself around. I can get angry and they'll listen. I can say stupid things and they'll make fun of me for it, and we'll laugh about it for weeks. I can make fun of them and not worry about hurting feelings. God blessed me with these people and I would do anything for them. And I know that they would do the same for me. I love them and their kiddos more than words can say. God knew what he was doing when he sent me to P-ville with them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment