Saturday, March 5, 2011

All The Same

I was having a conversation with a friend last night about our biggest pet peeves with facebook, and our biggest one was definitely misspelled words. I have to control myself every time I see a misspelled word not to correct the word for them in a comment. It's just really annoying for me. If their computer is anything like mine, it will underline your misspelled word. It's not that hard to fix it. But these words aren't usually typo's, they're just absolutely misspelled, or misused. So we came up with a list of some misspelled/misused words on facebook. Enjoy :) (Highlighted words are correct spellings)

Definitely-- Usually seen as defiantly (which is a whole different word) or definatly, defenitly, or my favrorite.. defiantely.

Lose-- This one has become rampant recently. I've seen it everywhere, way too often. Loose="these pants are too loose on me because I've lost weight." NOT "I think we're going to loose the game."

To, Two, Too-- This is elementary stuff. To= "I'm going to the store." or "I sent that to him." Two= "Those two dogs are cute." or "I'd like two, please." Too= "That was too much." or "He's just too cute." ALL TOGETHER= "Let's go to the ice cream shop to get two ice cream cones if it's not too cold outside."

There, their, they're-- Again, when you know what they mean, it's pretty simple. There= "Go over there." Their= "I think that's their car." They're= "They're pretty nice people. ALL TOGETHER= "If they're home, we'll have to go over there to see if we can borrow some of their sugar." 

A lot-- Two words. Simple as that. 

"such a wonder f ing redg day got i stupid bill for my car being towed so f ing rediculace its more then i make in to pay checks" 

I just pulled this off of a friend's status on facebook. I think it means: "Such a wonderful effing ??? day. Got my stupid bill for my car being towed, so effing ridiculous, it's more than I make in two pay checks." 

All I'm trying to say is please please please please PLEASE read what you're posting before you post it. Whether it's on Facebook, myspace (if anyone even uses that anymore) blogs or twitter.. type responsibly.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! All of those drive me CRAZY, too (not two, or to!)! ...or is it "as well" in that instance?

    ReplyDelete