Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm a Call Girl

Well.. kind of. When I told my hermano (means brother in spanish.. he's my best friend's husband) about my job, he teased and said.. "So you're a call girl, huh? Got tired of those corners?" Yeah.. he's a riot.

Technically I'm a "call" girl, but not in the trading-sex-for-money kind of way. I answer calls ALL DAY. That's what I do. My company is hired by major hotels all over the country (the expensive ones that MOST people can't afford) to make reservations for them. It's actually quite interesting because I get so many different kinds of people to talk to all day. A few of those experiences haven't been too pleasant, but for the most part, I'm loving it. When I look up the hotels, it tells me the temperature in that part of the country and I get a little jealous when I see the temperature for Florida and Texas when I look out my window and see hail/snow/rain/anything but sunshine. I do like my job a lot though. I finished training in basically 2 days when they thought it would take me at the very least 4 (yeahhhhh buddy!). The people in the office are awesome as well, making jokes between calls, teaching me things to do when I'm bored out of my mind there are no calls, that kind of stuff. I'm so thankful that God gave me this job. He knew it was perfect for me. And so now I'm a "call girl."

3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at that title. I love it. SOOOO glad you love your job!

    ps. My Mom is a call-girl, too... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I just realized that Krista is too (the on-the-phone reservations kind - just to clarify). My mom and both my sisters... hhhmmm. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny! A little weird, but mostly funny! :-P

    ReplyDelete