Monday, May 2, 2011

My Weekend

This weekend I took my best friends two boys to the Ducks spring game in Eugene. It was short, but it was a very fun trip. We headed over the mountains at 8:30 and made it into Eugene by 11:15. Nedyah passed out on the air mattress a short time later, but T was up until almost 2:00 AM! He's only seven. It was crazy! He woke up refreshed and as crazy as usual the next day though. 


After we ate breakfast and showered and got "ducked out" we headed to Autzen Stadium! The spring game has been dedicated to the armed forces, particularly soldiers from the community. They take  the game to honor the people who risk their lives for our country. At the end of the game, some of the soldiers as well as all the duck football players meet in the middle of the field, and the football players give them the jerseys off their backs, and the soldiers give the football players a special coin. It's really cool to see. I especially liked that they took extra time to honor the fallen officer who was shot just last week in Springfield. It was very emotional and during the moment of silence, you could hear a pin drop. Oh, and another fun fact about the game, the previous record for a pac-10 spring game (held obviously by the ducks) was 20,000 people. This year, there were over 43,000 people at the spring game. It was almost like a regular football game, only I wasn't worried that my team would lose ;)


After the game, we rode the bus back to my car. It was packed and we had to stand. T loved it, he kept letting go of the seats because it was like he was "surfing." Nedyah refused to smile. So he gets a goofy picture.

I dropped the boys off with their grandparents and spent the rest of the weekend with my brother, grandma and my beautiful niece! We had way too much fun on that air mattress! 

This is the technology it took to get us over the mountains, and back again. I think I've got this whole mom thing down. By the time I'm a mom, I'm going to know ALL the tricks.


T was a tired boy. He lasted 30 minutes before he passed out, and woke up 20 minutes before we were home. Needless to say it was a quiet ride home!


I had a blast on this much needed mini vacation. I'm sure the boys did too. I can't wait to have a REAL vacation though. That one was too much work! 

I have a job interview tomorrow with a hotel resort that is located in Alaska. It would be an awesome summer job, and I'm way excited! Prayers would be appreciated, and I'll definitely keep you posted! Hope you had a great weekend and have an even better week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment