Friday, August 5, 2011

Just Can't Get Enough

Oh my goodness. That's really all I can say.  I have been SO BUSY this summer, it's ridiculous. I'm really glad I didn't take any classes over the summer. I would be EXHAUSTED.. well.. more exhausted than I am right now! I feel like I'm always on the go. Probably because I am, but that's totally besides the point. Lets see if I can fill in the blanks a little bit for you.

I'm currently working 32-40 hours a week so my social life is almost non existent. I haven't seen my best friend in almost two weeks. That's just not okay!

I participated in the Relay for Life last weekend, and I actually got my brother to come up and do it with me. I got off work last Saturday at 9 PM, got into town at 10 PM and headed down to the track. We started our portion of the walk at 12:00 AM. We walked off and on until 4:00 AM. It was honestly fun walking with my brother. I ended up walking 5 miles. Which was pretty good, because when we were walking we would keep stopping for random things.. and I would get attacked by huge killer moths. Anyway, it was fun and it was for a great cause. The luminary was very emotional though. I looked at all the bags that were lit up for people who lost the battle to cancer, and it broke my heart thinking about all of the lives cancer has touched in my community alone. It's really upsetting.

They put bags in the bleachers and lit them. This is what it said.
My brother and I on the "luau" lap :)

I'm also moving this month. I haven't started packing, which is bad because I'm moving on the 18th. I'm moving only 20 minutes away, but I'll only be 15 minutes from school/work rather than an hour. So I'm definitely excited about that!

I got a bonus at work too. I met my "quota" and my check was actually $200 more this paycheck. It actually came at the perfect time since I'm moving and have bills to pay. God is definitely clearing a path for me to move!

Tonight I'm going to an REO Speedwagon concert with a couple of friends and my mom and Scott. I've already seen them in concert, but I love me some cheesy 80's music. I'm really excited, actually! I'll take some pictures and share them tomorrow.. maybe.

My sister and her three beautiful kiddos are coming to visit tomorrow. I have to work, but hopefully I'll get some time to see them. Then the two older kiddos are staying with us for a week. I'm excited to see them. They're pretty great :)

I really honestly don't know what else is going on in my life right now. My mind is chaos. It's a big jumbled mess! But that's alright. I'm enjoying life and that's what it's all about right? I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Well.. maybe one thing.

I mentioned earlier that I love cheesy 80's music.. well I have a favorite band. And that band is Def Leppard. I've loved them since before I could even talk. Sometimes younger musicians try to remake their songs, and to be honest.. it ticks me off. Mariah Carey butchered one of their songs a few years ago, and I can't look at her the same since then. I just heard a new version of "Photograph" by Daughtry and Santana.. I hate it. Don't try to remake the classics. You're not them. So stop trying. Thanks ;)

That's all for today. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment