Friday, June 24, 2011

"Blonde Moment"

I'm blaming the occurrence of my  blonde moments on the fact that I was born with blonde hair, and it was blonde up until I started my teen years. Now it's dark brown, but I think my brain is still stuck in blonde mode sometimes (no offense, blondes.. I'm just sayin'). Here's the latest blonde moment, and lucky me, it happened last night.

Let me start by saying the past few days have been financially frustrating. I received a letter in the mail from the justice court saying they never received my paperwork from taking the class to get out of my ticket. So I had to pay the whole fine, which was $227 on top of the $70 I paid to get out of going to court as well as the class itself. I had the certificate of completion and so I took it in, and had to write a letter to the judge asking him let the fine go since I had taken the proper steps that were required of me.. so I had to wait on that a couple of days. I found out yesterday I didn't have to pay the fine! (YAY!) So that was sort of stressful. Back to the real story.

I went to the store at nine last night to get some milk and to feed my diet pepsi addiction (I hadn't had one in over 2 weeks) and I got some Ranch flavored sunflower seeds (SOOOOO GOOD! I can't even eat regular sunflower seeds anymore). I went up to the cashier, she checks out my items and I opened my wallet to pull out my debit card. But it's not there. I'm really responsible about putting it back, because.. well I left my wallet in a store once after I had just CASHED a check, and that scared me enough to be REALLY careful about my money. Luckily, I had some cash and gave that to her, while completely PANICKING in my mind.. The last place I had used my card was at THAT STORE just two nights before.

I looked in my car. Under seats, in the cracks, in the back, EVERYWHERE! I looked through my purse NUMEROUS times and I even dumped it out when I got home. I had checked my wallet 4 times when I was at the store, and I checked it 4 more times when I was home. I tore my room apart looking for it. Iknew it wasn't in my room though, so I went back to my wallet.

Wow.

The slot that my license/social security card sits in was feeling a little thicker than usual. So I thought maybe it was in the same one by accident. I pulled it out, and nothing. But as I was holding my wallet I could still feel something in there (it wasn't in that slot though because it has a clear thing on it, so I would obviously see it). So I stuck my finger in the spot where I always keep my card, and it was in there. Just pushed all the way back. I felt instant relief and instant stupidity at the same time.

I blame the fact that I was instantly stressed on the fact that I just went through that stupid ticket thing. But as I reflect back on it now, I still feel really stupid for not reaching in there in the first place. Seeing how that's the ONLY place I EVER PUT IT!

Lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. My blonde moment this week was when I was waiting on a to-go order, the last guy left his number sitting on the counter after he got his order, when they called my number I thought mine was his, for some reason my brain made me think I had set my number down. The take out girl kept calling out my number and then looked at me and said, are you 35, and I said I was 37, she told me I was holding a 35 in my hand, wow.

    ReplyDelete