Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The One Where I Was Scared...

I mentioned in my confessions post yesterday that I had the pee scared out of me was recently scared, and it was while watching a scary movie. Here's what happened..

I live at home with my mom, step dad [Scott] and step aunt[Penny] (I'm a college student who spends $200 on gas every month to get to work/school, and I'm moving next year.. It's cheaper this way.. don't judge me). My mom and Scotty went to the valley to help my Grandma with her garage sale she was having (that woman has more "stuff" than anyone else I know.. she made bank) and Penny was in the valley and had been for over a week. Nobody knew when she was coming home, because she kinda sucks with the whole communication thing.

This was Saturday.. I had gotten off work early because I had been there for 4 hours and had 0 reservations (seriously... it sucked) so they sent me home. I went to my bff's daughters softball tourney instead and watched the last few minutes of a rough game for the girls. I could tell the girl was grumpy, so I offered to take her home so she wouldn't have to spend an hour in the car with her annoying   charming little brothers. We found out when we got to her house that they had more guests for the weekend (they had just had family leave THAT DAY) so the girl asked if she could stay at my house.. of course since I'm a whimp the nice "auntie" that I am, I said yes.

The girl and I share a love for scary movies, so we decided to watch Jeepers Creepers 2.. It's one of the few movies that doesn't have nudity or too much gore. We settled in and we were watching the movie and it was about 10:30...

Then in the movie, it was a particularly freaky part (when the creeper was picking who he wanted to eat in front of all the teenagers in the bus) the movie was kinda quiet.. and all of a sudden...

We heard footsteps on my front porch...

The screen door started opening..

All that was running through my mind was "OMG I FORGOT TO LOCK THE FRONT DOOR!!!!"

The front door opened.. and since the front porch light was off, we couldn't see the person.

First thought, was to grab the girl and run to the bathroom with my cell phone....

But after a second, I realized it was Penny.

I was literally shaking for 20 minutes after that. And the girl was pretty freaked out too.. We immediately made sure all of the doors were locked.

Looking back, all I can say is THANK GOD the girl was with me... I would have been even more terrified if she wasn't.

Lesson learned... I'll lock my doors from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment