Monday, June 6, 2011

My Birthday Weekend!

Let me start by saying I had an AWESOME birthday! It started out way too early (I don't know why I insist on waking up at the exact time I was born [5:38 AM]) but I ended up at Starbucks to see Kelly for a few minutes and she happened to be on her break, so we got to hang! After that, I drove to Eugene and got to hang out with my brother and Grandma for a while. Then I went with my mom and grandma to the nail salon. They got the fake nails (I can't stand them, they last about a week with me if I get them) and I got a pedicure. I hate having my feet touched.. Absolutely HATE it, but the guy that did my pedicure made me love it. I'm not saying that I'll let people touch my feet now, because I won't, but he can touch them anytime ;)

After the pampering, we met up with my beautiful sister and my beautiful niece at The Original Roadhouse (yumm!!). They put a coffee filter on my head and one of those toilet seat covers around my neck and sang happy birthday. It was fun :)

After dinner, my brother and I played some rockband before we got ready to go out. I told him ahead of time I wasn't getting drunk, and he said that was fine. Before we left my grandma said "You look pretty, what, are you trying to go get a man?" Haha no, Grandma, I'd prefer not to meet guys in a bar. Just sayin'. Our first stop was a cozy little bar that played some low-key rap music. And this was my first drink...


I told my brother that I would need something really fruity so I couldn't taste the alcohol. He got me a wild berry mojito. Definitely wasn't my type of drink. I took a drink and almost lost it. It was gross, and not for me. I made him drink it and I got myself a fuzzy naval. It wasn't too bad, but I could still taste too much alcohol. After that drink we went down the street and stopped at a bar that was playing really loud 70's soul music. I got a free rum and coke, which oddly enough was my favorite drink of the night. After I had them add more coke ;) I cut myself off after that and we went home. I was definitely feeling it, but I was in no way shape or form drunk. I ended up falling asleep in the recliner. I remember my mom coming in the living room and saying to my brother "You did this to her!" It was pretty funny.

Friday we went to the coast! Newport to be exact, for my tattoo! We got there early so we stopped at the beach for a few minutes. And of course we took some pictures!





After getting our feet in freezing beautiful ocean, we headed back to the car, and off to the tattoo parlor! The tattoo artist told me that my tattoo was going to take 2 hours, but it ended up taking 45... if that! But let me tell you, it HURT. I couldn't let go of my mom/brother's hand. With my two other tattoos, I didn't need to hold anybody's hand, but this one.. oh my goodness. It felt like a knife was being stabbed into my foot and then dragged across. It was terrible, but I love the finished product!


This picture was taken right after I had it done, so it's still a little bloody. I'd take a picture right now, but my flowers are bruised so it doesn't look like it's supposed to. But  I love it! It was my birthday present to myself :) Just like my first tattoo. I had an awesome birthday, and I love the fact that my age is no longer keeping me from doing anything (other than buying off of the senior menu ;)). I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment