Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 5

Since I'm going to be gone almost all day tomorrow and don't want to worry about having to write a blog before going to bed, this one is a little early. :)

Day 5: Siblings


This is my brother Trevor. He is 5 1/2 years older than me [almost 26] ad he has become a really good friend to me. Growing up, we HATED each other. We fought all the time! We are really close now though. Isn't that the way it works? I love hanging out with him, and he's someone I know I can talk to about anything and not be judged. He loves me for who I am, and I love him for who he is. He has definitely made a difference in my life. Love you, Trev.


This is my [half]sister Karey. She's really just my sister. My mom gave birth to her when she was 18 and gave her up for adoption. 17 years [and a miracle] later, we met her and she's been in our lives since then. Now she is married and has 3 beautiful kids. I can honestly say that she is my biggest role model. I really look up to her. She's such a great person, she just lights up a room when she walks in. I'm pretty sure there's not a person in the world that wouldn't like her after meeting her. She's a great mom, and a great wife, and a strong woman of God. She's funny, and I'm proud to call her my sister. I've known her more than half of my life, and I can't imagine not knowing her. I love you, Karey :)

1 comment:

  1. That was so sweet (what you said about both Trevor and I) and I'm not gonna lie, totally made me bawl my eyes out (you know - the ugly cry). Mostly because all of what you said about me (minus the part about having kids) is exactly how/what I feel about you! You are something special - you know that? God's handprint is so evident on your life and I am unbelievably proud to call you my sister. As Jack would say, "I love you... a lot of numbers." :) Thanks for being awesome.

    ReplyDelete