Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 8!

Day 8: A Place You've Traveled to

Panama City Beach, Florida


When I "moved" to Alabama to live with my dad and step mom April of 2009, we didn't really do much traveling. It was a lot of me staying at the house [with no cell service or internet.. it was sucky]. When I decided that I wanted to come back to Oregon when my round trip ticket was good (a month later) they decided that they couldn't let me go back to Oregon without taking me to the ocean. So off to Florida my step mom and I went. It was really fun being in a WARM ocean. Such a change from the Oregon coast, and it was beautiful in it's own way.

I spent the first night in a bar with my step mo
m and her son and his 5 army friends. It was like having my own secret service or something. They didn't let me go anywhere alone. I was their buddy's "little sister" so they thought of me as a little sister. Kinda cool how that works. I won't tell you that they were trying to sneak me drinks the whole time though ;)

The next day was spent looking at dolphins, ha
nging out on the beach and eating yummy Florida food. I got BURNT, and it hurt for me to move, so we stayed in and had a calm night that night. The next day we drove 7 hours back to Alabama. It was a fun trip, and one I'll never forget. But I'm thinking next time I go to Florida, I'll bring more sunscreen!









No comments:

Post a Comment