Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween

As children are dressing up in their favorite costumes and people are buying candy to hand out to the aforementioned children, I can't help but think of my Halloween last year. How amazing it was, and how it feels like a life time ago. It's a day that I will remember for a long time, especially now that so much has changed.

October 30th of last year I went to a concert in Salem with my friends Kori and Craig. We went and saw Decyfer Down and Skillet and spent the night in a hotel. It was a fun night, and Skillet was AMAZING in concert (I recommend you listen to them if you have a chance, and or see them in concert.. they're fantastic!). We drove home on Halloween to prepare for our Church's 1 year anniversary. I sing on the worship team and Craig plays bass so we had to be home for rehearsal at noon. That went well, and after that I went to my hermano's house to watch the Ducks play USC (college football). It was the "game of the year" for the ducks, and it turned out amazing! We totally kicked butt. Like, REALLY kicked butt (kinda like we did tonight ;)). After the game I got to talk with my mom and my sister for a while. It was fun just hanging out and taking a couple pieces of my niece and nephew's candy. After everybody went to bed.. I got to talk to him.

I had a revelation that weekend. My feelings for him had surpassed the "friend zone." He some how (I'll still never know how) got it out of me that night. I told him I was in love with him. The first time I had used those words. It was scary, and relieving at the same time. The best part.. well, the best part was when he said it back.

It was honestly one of the best days of my life. I was on cloud nine for the next few days. But it ended. Sadly, it ended. Just a few short days later. I understand why. I understand that I need to get over it. But it's days like this that I can't help but remember.. and wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment