Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dreaming

I've always been a little disappointed in the fact that my dream school (University of Oregon) does not have a nursing program. [insert tears] Over the past few weeks, however, I have been taking a Developmental Psychology class that is being taught by a [you guessed it] nurse. She specializes in Developmental Psychology of children, she's a nurse AND she teaches.

I feel like I have severely underestimated the possibilities that go along with nursing. It's a health care profession but with that comes [mental health]. Aka psychology. So I've been thinking for the past few days, just throwing ideas out there, brainstorming, and dreaming bigger than I ever thought I could dream.

What if I get my bachelors in Nursing, and my masters in Psychology?

I could totally do it!

I've been told many-a-times that I should be a psychologist because I genuinely care about people [which I do] and I've been told that I would be a great nurse because I have a lot of compassion and I can handle the bloody stuff.

Seriously, why shouldn't I do both? All the background in psychology will certainly help me to be the very best nurse that I can be. The best part of it all? I could go to my dream school. Right now it's just in the dreaming stage, but God calls us to dream, and dream big using His help. I'm excited and hopeful when thinking about my future and what God has in store for me. Hopefully it will involve a little green and yellow.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! There is NO reason you can't do it - NONE. If He calls you to do it, then you'd better do it, and I totally believe that He's the one who plants dreams into our hearts and also the one who can see them to fruition, if we keep our eyes on Him and EXPECT Him to show up and guide us. :)

    I'm so proud of you, Brittany~ I'm excited to see the MANY ways that God is going to use you in your life. You are a blessing to so many and this path your daring to walk down will just open more doors for Him to reach so many more through you. That's amazingly awesome!

    ReplyDelete