Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's the Ocean!

Today I went on a mini road trip with my two friends, Kori and Craig. The day started out at 7:30 am. We left for our little journey at 8:30 am. It was pretty normal for a road trip. Not a whole lot going on, just driving, talking and listening to music too loud. After stopping for breakfast, gas and after driving for 3 hours (half an our from our destination) we hit our first speed bump. Craig got pulled over and was given a ticket for going 80 in a 55. In his defense, the car in front of him was driving us ALL crazy, so we [Kori and I] egged him on to pass it. He did, going 80. Of course there had to be a cop right there. It was no bueno.



When we finally got to Newport, this is what we saw. A gray, angry looking ocean. It was about 50 degrees, so it wasn't too cold. We walked closer to get a better view.

You can't tell in this picture, but Kori and I are on the beach. A few minutes after this picture was taken, Craig and I decided to go closer to the water. Kori stayed by the path. The tide started to come in, so Craig and I took off, running away from the water. We heard Kori yell to run faster, so we did. We made it to her safe and sound.. in time to turn around and see that the water was STILL COMING. Much farther than it had come since we had been there, so all three of us took off running as high up as we could. Kori and Craig jumped on a rock, and there was no room for me.. and there was no way I was climbing up the 5 foot tall dirt ledge, I got soaked. Clear up to my knees. My shoes were soaked, my pants were soaked.. and I was freezing. Not a happy camper.




This picture was taken while I was sitting in the car waiting for Kori and Craig to find the keys that Craig had somehow dropped SOMEWHERE on the beach. I was hoping and praying they would found them while I was warming up and taking a few seconds for an impromptu photo op. He found the keys, we went to wal*mart and got sweats and boots for me to wear in place of my soaked jeans and nike's and we headed off to the tattoo parlor.



This is Kori getting her tattoo. It took 2 1/2 hours, but it turned out great! I've decided that I want this guy to do my next tattoo [I'll let you know some other time what it is that I want] for my 21st birthday. We got out of the coast after 6, and didn't get home until almost 11, due to a couple of stops. All in all it was a good day. Oklahoma lost to Mizzou which means it clears the top spot for the BCS. Let's just hope the computers don't screw my ducks out of a #1 ranking again this week.

Hope you all had a wonderful Saturday as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment