Thursday, January 20, 2011

10 years

I had one of the most awkward moments happen around me today. I was sitting in my math class while my instructor was going over stuff that I understood a week ago, so I was talking to my two friends in that class. On my left side is Heather. I had math with her last term so I had known her a little longer. She's a lesbian (relevant to this story), and if you look at her, or listen to what she says.. you can pretty much tell. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just.. kinda obvious. The girl on my right is Amanda. She's married and has a few kids. So, Amanda was telling me about her friend who moved to Portland to be a model. This was the following conversation...

 Amanda: I totally just found out that she's a dike.
 Heather: (Leans over me) She's a what?
 Amanda: A dike.. you know.. A lesbian. It's gross.
 Heather: Uh.. you do realize that I'm a lesbian.
 Amanda: Oh.. um.. well I didn't mean it was gross. I'm just not used to it.

I definitely did a face palm in my mind. I couldn't believe she said that. I was embarrasses for her, and hurting for Heather. Being so judgmental just isn't cool. Amanda is still my friend, but dang girl. Watch your mouth. It's kinda weird though because my human sexuality class has been going over intolerance with people and their sexual orientation a lot, especially today.. and my writing class we debated gay marriage, and my psychology class went over intolerance/racism today. It's been a very draining day, because that stuff just pisses me off. So we're off to day two of the blog challenge, and I'm going to bed!



Day Two- Where I'd Like to be in 10 Years

Ten years from now I'd like to be working at a hospital in the ER or ICU. I'd also like to be married (God willing) and have maybe one or two babies. I know my mom would like that. I don't really have any plans bigger than those. It'll be fun to see what God does in just the next 2 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment