Thursday, January 27, 2011

Free Fallin'

This week has been interesting to say the least. I had a very long day Tuesday, followed by an emotional wreck of a night. I came down with a stomach bug yesterday, and it's still lingering today, so I just went to my math class this morning, and I'm completely bypassing my other three classes. No point in making everybody else sick when I don't absolutely need to be there.  

I'm learning that I need to let some things and some people go. Mixed signals left me confused, and I ended up acting on them.. which was a huge mistake. One I wish I could take back, because it left a tainted view on a person I held close to my heart. But I'm letting go. Completely. I just need to remind myself that "He is not different, and I am not special," in that circumstance. I need to wait for the guy that is different and thinks that I am special. It's worth the wait. 


I've been listening to Pandora again lately (I forgot how awesome it is) and I added a new station! It's called "The Script" named after the band, obviously.. but it's fantastic. Pandora is how I find new awesome bands or I'm reminded of awesome bands that I haven't heard in a while. I heard John Mayer's cover of Free Fallin', and I must admit (even though I'm not a TOTAL John Mayer fan) that it was pretty awesome. I put it on my ipod before the song finished playing on pandora. That's how much I loved it! You should definitely check it out. Oh, and The Script? They're pretty much my favorite band right now. They're fantastic and I <3 them.


Oh, and awesome news.. I'm 5 weeks into the term (yes, that's halfway!!!) and I have a 100% in my math class. I'm pretty stoked about it, I'm not going to lie. I applied to a school down in Florida, and obviously I'm still going to keep my current school on the back burner in case something falls through, but I'm trusting that everything will work out okay.  


I'm trying to be positive right now, even though inside I'm hurting. A lot. I'm going to get through this storm, just like I've gotten through every storm so far. But I'm not doing it alone, I'm turning to God. I'm handing it all over to Him. :)


I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
and I fall down again
I can sing cause You pick me up
Sing, cause You're there
I can sing cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
and the saints around the throne!!
How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough?
How amazing is Your love!
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King 
And it makes my heart want to sing

No comments:

Post a Comment