Sunday, January 9, 2011

Single Ladies (or lady, rather)

My friends are at it again. I should have known better than going into a group of 5 women (6 including me) when all of them are married, ages varying from 21-35. I was told to date one of my friends ex's because he's what I like to call "brown". *Side note Brown doesn't always mean black, it can be any shade of brown. I prefer brown to white, but I'm more into personalities anyways.* Anyways, I was told that I needed to look him up on Facebook because he's "just my type" and they were sitting there calling me Brittany Turner (his last name). I didn't say a word during this whole conversation. They were practically planning my wedding to a guy I had never even heard of until 3 minutes before. They also threw in the last name of a friend that is nothing more than a friend and will never be anything more than a friend. Is this what arranged marriage feels like? I want no part of it. I'm 20 years old. I don't need to be with anybody right at this exact point in my life. I don't need a man to make me happy. I'm focusing on school and my life. That's plenty for me right now. If a guy comes along, then great. But I don't need an army of people looking for the guy for me. I think it's funny, but at the same time, it's like I'm not capable of finding someone good for me. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I know what kind of guy would best fit with me. Just sayin'. I guess it's my own fault. You never go hang out with a group of five women while they're in extreme-girl-time-gossip mode. It's never a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment