Friday, January 7, 2011

Sweet Seventeen

We all have some weird quirky things about ourselves. Some more than others, but nonetheless, we all have our quirks. Some are good, some are odd and some are just things that make us who we are. Here are some of my quirks.

  • The best hair products I've found for MY thick hair is Axe Charged (it's for guys for those of you who don't know, and it's for spiking your hair, but it really works to bring out my curls). It smells great and makes my hair look good.
  • I laugh when people trip up stairs. I'm sorry, but it's just funny to me. I will laugh out loud. I'll try to control it, but if it's funny, I'm going to laugh.
  • I'm not afraid to say "So's your face" to anybody that says something insulting to me. Probably not the most mature thing to do, but it does what I need it to do.
  • When I cry, my eye color gets really really really green.
  • I paint my nails, and it's a miracle if it lasts a day. I pick it off when I'm distracted, e.g.; watching a movie, at a concert, listening to someone talk, etc...
  • I have to have my kitty sleep with me every night. Even though he wakes me up way too early wanting out, I like knowing where he is.
  • I can't sleep with socks on. And I have to sleep with shorts on. I don't like anything on my legs or feet when I'm sleeping. I like the blankets to be touching my legs and feet. 
  • I absolutely have to sleep on my stomach with one arm under the pillow, one arm on top, one leg straight and one leg bent. Call me crazy, but I can't fall asleep any other way.
  • I say "hmm" a lot during movies. When somebody says something interesting, or something interesting happens, I'll make an audible "hmm" sound. I don't even notice I'm doing it until I do it at the same time as Kelly. 
  • I get really grumpy when I'm driving and someone is on my @ss while I'm on a straight stretch, and when we get to the curves, they slow way down.. and we get to a straight stretch again and they're on my @ss again. My car's set on cruise control, so you're the one with the problematic foot, mister.
  • Love songs make me happy. Even though I'm single and don't have anybody right now, they make me happy in knowing that someday I will have someone that makes me feel the way that those people are singing about. 
  • I laugh when I get hurt. Something somewhere in my mind is messed up, but when I'm hurt, I laugh really hard. 
  • I can stay up until 2 in the morning any night, easily. But on New Year's Eve, I'll ALWAYS have a hard time staying awake until midnight.
  • I'm the most random person you'll ever meet. But in my book random=awesome. So chew on that for a little bit ;)
  • I have about 50 perfumes/lotions that I rarely use. I use 2 on a regular basis.
  • I'm a vault of useless knowledge/lyrics/football stats. People say, oh you're a Duck fan huh? And by the end of the conversation I always get.. "Wow you know a lot about football. Like, not for a girl.. you just know a lot." I find it amusing.
  • When I walk on ice I always repeat over and over in my head "Don't fall. Don't fall. Don't fall. Don't fall." I've learned recently that that's my super ego not wanting me to embarrass myself. Thank you, Mr. Psychology instructor. 

Those are some of the many things that make me who I am. So now you know me a little better, and it's always fun to think about the things that make you who you are. What are some quirks that you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment